End of lease cleaning commonly referred to as Vacate Cleaning is done when a tenant moves out from a rented apartment. It is also known as bond cleaning, as bond money is associated with it.
End of lease cleaning is very crucial for tenants to get back the bond money and thus it requires professional help also.
There are so many things associated with the end of lease cleaning such as carpet cleaning, kitchen cleaning, oven cleaning, etc.
As a tenant, it is vital to give back the property in perfect condition. The end of lease cleaning Melbourne becomes crucial in this case. If we follow the steps seriously and give importance to regular cleaning then it becomes easier for deep cleaning the house in future.
Given below is a stepwise guide of doing End of lease Cleaning in a given period:
End of Lease Cleaning before 1 month of the end of lease:
When only one month is left for the end of the lease cleaning tips mentioned below will be helpful for every individual:
- As the lease agreement includes the carpet cleaning in its terms and agreement then, you should book a professional carpet cleaning expert.
- Ask the pest control operator to make the property pest free.
- Mow the lawn and ensure the lawn or yard is clean.
- You can cancel the utilities if possible beforehand.
- Always dry clean, sweep before using a damp cloth for cleaning.
- Give special attention to the lights, fixtures, and corners of walls, doors, and windows where there can be more dirt.
End of Lease Cleaning before 7 days of the end of lease:
- If the floor needs degreasing, then do degreasing. Sweep the garage, remove all the cobwebs. Additionally, to prevent any harm by insects, spray the insect spray.
- Replace the dead plants from the surface
- Cut back the bushes, mow the lawn, use the weed killer before it harms the plants.
- Keep a check on the leftover garbage that has bottle caps, cigarette butts from the lawn. Additionally, clean the air and remove the dead leaves.
- Clean the driveway, look out for residual oil spills, tire marks. Scrub the driveway properly.
- Remove the broken light fitting and replace it with a new one. Wash the existing light bulbs that are working fine.
- Check your curtain and blinds for any marks and specks of dirt.
- If you have a Venetian shade, then wipe them thoroughly. For other types of curtains that are easily washed with water, wash them with water. Some curtains require vacuuming. So clean the curtains accordingly.
- Clean the internal filters of the air conditioner, smoke alarms. Wipe the dust from the ceiling fans, exhaust fans in the kitchen, bathroom. Replace them if they are not in good condition.
- Use mild detergent to clean the inspect spots and fly spots.
End of Lease Cleaning before 3 days of the end of lease:
- Clean all the windows and remove the cobwebs from outside the house. Clean the inside of the window with the help of cobwebs remover.
- Clear the dirt from the windows.
- Use a screwdriver for cleaning the track of dirt from the window track.
- Wipe the surface with the help of a damp cloth.
- Clean the fly screen properly. Also, look out for loose screws from the windows. If there are any loose screws, then tighten them.
- Use a scourer and sponge to clean the window and to remove all the dirt from it. Additionally, you can wipe the window with the help of a sponge and soap.
- To ensure that the window doesn’t have lines, you can gently overlap the stroke from the previous one.
- Clean the window with a clean cloth.
- For the internal window, you can follow the same method, use less amount of soap water in this case.
End of Lease Cleaning before 2 days of the end of lease:
It will be the final day of cleaning and consists of cleaning the toilets, living areas, bedroom, kitchen, etc. Mentioned below are tips for cleaning the areas:
- Clean the parts of toilets properly, disinfect the area, check the fitting and fixtures. Always spray the disinfectant into the toilet.
- Use a disinfectant for cleaning the tiles of the wall and the walls.
- Clean all the wardrobes and cupboards with the help of warm soapy water and a damp cloth.
- Remember to clean the area thoroughly with clean water.
- The main component of the kitchen is the oven, thus it is crucial to clean the microwave properly.
- Remove parts of the oven such as range hood, stove, and knobs and soak them in water overnight for better results.
- You can also use a scourer to scrub the oven for a good outcome.
- Give special attention to glass and carefully clean the oven glass.
- For the bathroom, you can use a vacuum to clean the area for better cleaning.
- Clean the corners, doors frame, doorknobs carefully, and pay special attention to these items.
- Clean the mold, rust marks, or scum from all the bathroom areas.
- For cleaning the laundry area that has calcium build-up, use a cleanser or scourer.
- Clean laundry cupboards, wipe down all the taps and tiles. Remove all the stains in front of the laundry room.
- Lastly, vacuum the entire house, the outside area. Additionally, clean the patio.
End of Lease Cleaning before 1 day of the end of lease:
It is the last day, and after this, you will be returning the keys. In this time follow these things:
- Get your carpet clean from a professional.
- Always check the end of lease cleaning checklist.
- Ensure that there are no discrepancies
- Make sure you get back your bond money
These were some of the tips for end-of-lease cleaning, whereby following each step in a given period, you can definitely get back the bond money. Hope this helps you with your successful end of lease cleaning.