The first thing a tenant needs to do before the lease ends is to clean a rental property thoroughly. And it’s genuine to feel a bit stressed when the rental cleaning is just around the corner. Plenty of things need to be cleaned before the property inspection. There are several effective ways to perform end of lease cleaning Melbourne, specifically, finding ways to clean the house or apartment up to the mark, as best you can, within the shortest period of time.
How do you get ready for your rental place inspection?
There are a million things to take care of to prepare for your periodic inspection properly. Well, you are not far from the truth, but the good news is that you are entitled to at least 7 days’ notice before your rent inspection occurs.
Bright End of Lease Cleaning Melbourne can help you get organised and take full advantage of end of tenancy cleaning this time so everything goes as planned. Here is how!
- Invest time in good organisation – A professional cleaning company will help you to make decisions that avoid wasting time and mistakes. When rental property inspection occurs, make an end of lease cleaning checklist so it will be easy to estimate the time taken by each task. Then, you have to do the things that are best to prepare for rental property inspection, which will show the property’s actual condition and the tenant’s overall maintenance.
- Inspect the rental house in general – Take a walk around the apartment and notice if everything functions correctly, including doorways, locks, windows, fixtures, light switches, fans, etc.
- Point out all the problems you have seen – It is not a big deal to forget small things, so it is better to make pointers of all the things you find creating any issue or need to fix as soon as possible. And at the end, share that with your owner on the inspection day. Print everything on paper for easy reading and portability the agent or landlord can take it along if needed.
- Be prepared with your cleaning kit – Try to make a common place to gather all your cleaning supplies; it consumes less time and saves energy while doing vacate cleaning. Relying on the exit cleaning tasks and knowing what products to use is easy, so you are all set up for the bond cleaning.
- Stick to the exit cleaning checklist through rent inspection – The good old to-do checklist of bond cleaning Melbourne will facilitate the rehearsal procedure.
Checklist of rental inspection
It was suggested to begin move-out cleaning with the most essential areas of the house, which can take time and effort. Here they are:
- Check out the stovetop, microwave oven, and kitchen range hood deeply –The kitchen and its essentials are the significant things used regularly and must be kept an eye on when doing bond back cleaning. Stove and microwave ovens and range hoods are routinely used, and property owners take care of cleaning these specially. As a renter, you must check out these during the inspection period.
- Remove sticky stains from walls – Go through the kitchen walls and check the sticky stains. Try to clean whatever is possible. Regular cooking causes stains and marks on the walls. These stains draw the attention of property owners or real estate agents.
- Kitchen appliances and equipment – All the appliances used in the kitchen must be neat and clean. The doorways must be cleaned from any greasy fingerprints. Wipe down all the inner and outer surfaces thoroughly.
- Mop and clean the bathroom floor, sink, tiles, shower heads and toilet seat. These clean areas will make a good impression on the landlord.
- If you notice any damage in the bathroom while cleaning, As property owners and agents do rental property inspections, do your best to remove them.
Cleaning of Carpet and Rugs
- Carpet and rugs are the centre of attraction of any room on the floor. It is advisable to take care of carpets and rugs if you live in a rented property for a long time.
- Minor coffee, wine, or other beverage stains on carpets and rugs are sometimes negligible and unnoticed. And the cause of these stains is you, so you are responsible for cleaning them effectively. You can get some help from some DIY cleaning tips and tricks to make them cleanse. If you cannot do it independently, call out professional carpet cleaning.
Outdoor areas are the ones that cannot be avoided while doing house cleaning. The garden, balcony, lawn, patio or other spaces must be cleaned thoroughly. If there are any decor items in the garden and balcony area, try to dust and mop them. After that, organise them neatly. So it looks presentable.
The rental belongings must be cleaned thoroughly before the lease ends to ensure the renter gets the bond amount back and leaves an excellent last impression on the owner. A property inspection can be beneficial and avoid concerns between a renter and the owner. Because, as a landlord, they will make sure that their property gets back in the same condition as they had at the beginning of the lease.
Professionals must perform end Of lease cleaning Melbourne before the tenant’s bond ends. That’s the best way to save time and energy as well as secure a healthy tenant-landlord relationship.